A Business Member Specialist works under the direction of the Branch Management Team, performs and is responsible to process all service related functions and transactions predominately for business members. Identifies and offers solutions based on specific member needs, opens and performs maintenance on consumer and business loan products that include cash and check transactions. Focus on professional and exceptional member service to include co-workers, business partners and overall membership to convert service opportunities into sales events.
OnPoint puts Members first, takes care of Employees and is involved in the communities we serve. OnPoint employees are rewarded, acknowledged and appreciated. Employees receive a generous vacation package, monthly incentives for meeting goals, competitive hourly pay, 100% paid employee monthly premiums for medical, dental and vision. Zero cost to employee - Tri-Met / parking passes, 401k matching, tuition reimbursement, paid volunteer hours and more! These are just some of the ways OnPoint takes incredible care of employees so that employees continue to provide superior service to our members.
- Proactively supports the branch team with exceptional member service to include eye contact, active lobby management, checking in with waiting members, interest and willing to help, greeting members warmly and thanking them by name, energy in body language and tone, using friendly comments, and insuring member’s needs are fulfilled.
- Opens new business accounts, business online banking services and business loans. May perform similar functions for consumer members according to need.
- Focusing on retention of current and development of new business relationships and utilizing Group Banking marketing to present and visit local business owners.
- Acts as liaison between members and off-site employees and departments to resolve issues. Partners with Business Deposit Officer and Commercial Relationship Manager to refer products and best serve business members.
- Using the credit-scoring model as a tool, along with credit underwriting skills, evaluates loan applications within Credit Union loan policy and makes determination for approval or denial within established credit limits. Refers applications in question or exceeding credit limits with recommendation to management for review.
- Advises members of loan decisions, processes necessary paperwork, to secure collateral with accurate documentation while keeping safety and soundness of the Credit Union a priority.
- Using consultative approach, cross sells additional Credit Union products and services in order to meet/exceed established individual and/or team goals. Makes appropriate recommendations for commercial, digital, insurance and investment products and services.
- Conducts outbound calling to business members in order to further develop and/or retain lending or deposit relationships.
- Performs any additional duties as required by the Branch Management for the overall operation of the branch.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Previous experience working with business accounts.
- Thorough knowledge of credit analysis, underwriting, administration, policy and procedure.
- Ability to profile members using a consultative selling approach.
- Knowledge of finance and lending, including the processes involved in analyzing and interpreting information to achieve solid underwriting decisions and correct documentation.
- Ability to coordinate and complete a variety of assignments simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Work effective as part of a team and contribute individually and consistently with the Branch to meet and exceed set goals determined by the Credit Union.
- Ability to be self-directed and work under limited direct supervision.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong mathematical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Proven client service, interpersonal and relationship building skills.